31 October, 2005
The New iPod
Last week I got my new iPod, the one with video capabilities (60 GB). I never owned an iPod before, tough I have an iRiver mp3-player (flash mem). Here are some first impressions:
- Neat! Apple knows how to make an attractive box even
- I like the interface
- It doesn’t seem to remember the the last song I was playing before turning it off, witch I think it should
- If you got support for Audio Books, why make it so complicated it’s almost impossible to use?
- Nice extras, found the sleep timer witch I missed in the beginning
- I’m learning to use iTunes, not the most intuitive program in the world (I’m on Windows)
- To my untrained ears the sound is awesome
- Compared to my iRiver it felt as a complete product, while the iRiver needed firmware upgrades to work properly
- I miss navigating trough a file-system on the player, probably just takes some getting used to
- Haven’t felt the need to open the manual yet, that’s a big plus
So after a few days with my iPod I’m impressed and satisfied, I like it!