30 September, 2005
Back to reality
So, I’m back from the wonderful beaches of Isla de Margarita. Still jet-lagged and facing a dull reality again (I start working Monday). The trip was great! Here comes some words of wisdom if you’re traveling there:
- Dollars is the shit, bring loads of it and don’t count on finding an ATM around the
corner as I did.
- Change money frequently, the dollar i stable the bolivars not.
- Beware of the sun, it’s about 11 degrees of the equator. First day I had sunscreen 30 and stayed under the parasol all day – and still got a tan!
- It’s unfortunately not as cheep to live there as our travel agency said (framtidsresor).
- Rum on the other hand is damn cheep.
- If you wanna be driven around in pimpy old chevys – this is the place!
- Hammocks are pretty cheap and really nice (OK, my wife forced me to put this one in).
- Don’t bring socks! I brought about 15 pairs – used 3 pairs.
- If you’re not hitting the nightclubs in Porlamar (the biggest city on Isla) you probably don’t need long pants.
- To know a little spanish helps.
- Don’t stay at Puerta del Sol (Playa el Aqua), it was not a nice hotel. We switched
to Coco Parasio witch rocked (thanks to framtidsresor).
- Eat lobster! (Langustino in spanish :))
- Visit the Mangrove swamp! It rocks.
That’s from the top om my head. I have a lot more that I can’t remember at this moment, but if you’re going there feel free to drop me a mail.
Tags: Food, Life